Date(s) - March 01 2020
9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Categories No Categories
Come on back this Spring for a morning of learning, with sessions for adults only. Jason and Rosalie are teaching again and we invite those of you that attended to come back and learn from the other teacher this time as we use 2019’s theme of “Speaking Volumes”. From ancient arguments to modern meanings, from raising our voices to remaining silent, explore how and why words matter.
Words have power. They can create, they can harm or heal, they can explain or they can obscure. Even our silences can speak volumes. This year, communities around the world will join together to discuss words and their impact on our lives, using Jewish texts as a starting point for conversations. Explore the power of words by asking questions like:
- Do words have the power to affect the world around us?
- How can we learn through disagreements?
- What can Jewish texts teach us about how our words can hurt others?
- How is silence a form of speech?
- What can we learn about our relationships from the names we use?