Interested in prayer leadership? Please see this link to sign up for leading and layning.
Shammus duty is when a congregant greets everyone entering the sanctuary during services and hands them prayer books. Currently, we have a Shammus on Friday evenings and Saturday mornings. We will need two people for Shammus duty for B’nei MItzvah. Want to contribute to the community as a Shammus? Click on this link to sign up for Shammus and Greeter duties!
- Arrive at 5:55pm (services begin at 6pm).
- Turn all lights on- including social hall and Sisterhood Gift Shop area.
- Pour juice for kiddush and bring into sanctuary after the Amidah.
- Greet people at the sanctuary door. Make special effort to introduce yourself and welcome everyone.
- Hand out the Friday night prayer book and bimah notes.
- Clean up: Put away siddurim. Place kiddush cups on kitchen island. Leave all lights on. Check that all doors are closed and locked.
- Arrive at 9:25am (services begin at 9:30am) for B’nei MItzvah, arrive at 8:55am.
- Greet people at the sanctuary door. make special effort to introduce yourself and welcome everyone.
- Hand out Saturday morning siddurim, chumashim, and bimah notes.
- If a board member isn’t present, read announcements from the bimah notes near the end of the service.
- Clean up: Put away prayer books. Leave lights on.